Wine of the Week for May 4, 2009

Castilli de Monseran Garnacha 2005 - $8.95
Style: R1

Spain

There seems to be lots of this around. Garnacha, by the way, is the same grape as Grenache, which is important in the Rhone. Look for subtle aromas of blackberry, vanilla and garrigue. Quite soft and smooth on the tongue with the merest hint of tannin, dried cherry flavour and a firm spine. Medium bodied with quite good length, it's a good-time wine that delivers a lot for the price. Try with pork roast, tomato dishes. (LCBO 73395)

If you've not yet read my online Chapter, better hustle. I'm replacing it with Chapter 3 this week: oenophilenextdoor.blogspot.com As always, comments are welcomed.

(Sorry about the dates. Looks like I got them mixed up a bit. I know I haven't missed an entire month!)

No comments: